Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Quality Design Trends

















There are a few catalogs that I use as barometers for design trends.  One that I find most reliable is WisteriaThe people at this catalog really do seem to have their fingers on the pulse of style.  Looking through their August catalog, I see that traditionally designed pieces in uncluttered settings continue to reflect the times.   Dark – almost black – finishes are still popular but are presented along with a good number of painted finishes in lighter tones.  Two chairs in this catalog really please me enormously.  First is their European Spindle Chair (upper right).  I love anything with turned wood and there is a rhythm to this piece that I find soothing – and I love the dark finish sitting next to the natural linen table skirt.  The other chair that catches my attention is their take on the Chippendale design (upper left corner of catalog cover).  Resting on bamboo turnings in a larger scale, the back of the chair is a pleasing presentation of smaller scale bamboo turnings in one of the more pleasant variations of the four-panel Chippendale design.  I also love the turned bamboo stretcher – they didn’t miss a trick with this chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment